Guide and Group Services
The Pilsen – TOURISM organisation provides guide and delegate services via its Tourist Information Centre. You can choose from our catalogue of guided tours and all-day trips, built around the local guides’ many years of experience and our clients’ wishes. We’re also available to arrange a custom programme for you and your precise requests and needs. We’d even be happy to help you find accommodation. We work together with travel agencies, schools, and interesting clubs, but you can also order our services for a group of friends.
What do we offer?
- Guide and delegate services
- Tours of the historical city centre, incl. thematic and Advent tours
- Guided tours of all tourist destinations
- All-day trips with a guide and custom programme
- Accommodation arrangements for groups and individuals
Why should you work with us?
- We provide professional guides and offer excellent knowledge of the local area.
- We can adjust the programme to fit your needs.
- We offer a quality discount for long-term cooperation.
- We accept payments via cash or invoice.
Basic tour: The Best of Pilsen
A guided tour primarily meant for tourists, who will learn about the past and present of Pilsen, admire its dominant features in the historical city centre, and see other significant buildings and places of interest.
- 90 minutes; price starting at 45 €/group, excluding admission to any buildings
- Guided tour of the historical city centre – St. Bartholomew’s Cathedral, the plague column, the Great Synagogue, the Great Theatre, the Municipal Commons, the Water Tower, and other intriguing places
- Option to expand the tour with a visit inside St. Bartholomew’s Cathedral or the Great Synagogue, the Loos Interiors, the Pilsner Urquell Brewery, or the Gambrinus Brewery
- Option to reserve a visit to the Patton Memorial Pilsen museum, the Brewery Museum, the Puppet Museum, the Museum of West Bohemia, the Pilsen Diocese’s Museum of Ecclesiastical Art, or the Gallery of West Bohemia
- Offered in Czech, English, German, French, Polish and Russian
Catalogue of services and prices
- Download our Tours for Groups Catalogue 2023/2024
- This catalogue does not include the complete list of services. Per your request, we’d be happy to arrange a programme for you, to meet your specific needs.
Guided interior tours
- Guided tour of the Loos Interiors: A tour of the apartment interiors designed by world-famous architect Adolf Loos, including personal stories of the original Jewish owners.
- Guided tour of the Patton Memorial Pilsen museum with its curators
- Guided tour of St. Bartholomew’s Cathedral in Pilsen – tour of the interior or the attic space and tower: A tour of the fully reconstructed interior, including the Sternberg Chapel and stained-glass windows, or a guided tour of the tower and the cathedral’s attic space, featuring an exposition on the history of the bells and building the cathedral.
- Guided tour of the Great Synagogue:The tour of the recently reconstructed Great Synagogue documents the story of the structure’s renovations, the history of the local Jewish community, and Jewish customs and traditions. The tour can be expanded with a visit to the Rabbi’s Home, featuring the ritual Mikveh bath, or a visit to one of the towers.
- The Liberation of Pilsen:A tour of the historical city centre focused on the locations and events related to the liberation of Pilsen and the region at the end of World War II. Option to visit the Patton Memorial Pilsen museum.
- Jewish Pilsen:You’ll discover the story of one of the largest synagogues on earth and much more about Pilsen’s Jewish community on this tour, which includes a visit to the Old Synagogue and the apartment interior of the Vogl family home designed by architect Adolf Loos.
- Advent tour of the city centre: Get to know the history of Christmas, Pilsen’s nativity scenes, and Czech Christmas customs and traditions.
All-day group trips
We also arrange all-day guided trips; prices starting at 210 €/group/day. Admission, food, and transport are not included in the price.
- Promenades followed by how Becherovka liqueur is made(Carlsbad)
- Promenades followed by the Reliquary of St. Maurus (Mariánské Lázně, Bečov nad Teplou)
- From Klatovy to the Švihov Water Castle (Klatovy – catacombs, Baroque pharmacy, Švihov Water Castle)
- Baroque structures in the Pilsen Region (Plasy, Mariánská Týnice, and Manětín)
- From Horšovský Týn to Chodsko (Horšovský Týn Castle and Domažlice)
- From Kozel Manor to Starý Plzenec (Old Pilsen) (Kozel Manor, Bohemia Sekt, and the Rotunda of St. Peter and Paul in Starý Plzenec)